Sunday, June 27, 2010

polenta again!

The other night I was a bit stumped with what to serve for supper. So to the rescue came polenta. With veggies partly inspired by this recipe.


I made the polenta like this (adapted from here)
half a small onion, diced
2 tsps olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 c cornmeal
900 ml box of vegetable stock
1/2 c of sundried tomato pesto
1/2 c grated mozarella cheese

I sauteed the onion in the oil and added the garlic and cooked until soft. Then I added the stock. Once the stock had come to a boil, I added the cornmeal in a slow stream while whisking until it was all added. I stirred well, then covered the pot and placed it in a 350 deg F oven for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Then I took it out of the oven, and stirred in the pesto and cheese and served with the vegetables.

For the vegetables, I sauted 1 red and yellow pepper cut into small strips, and a handful of slices mushrooms in some butter until they were soft. Then I added ~ 2 c of frozen peas and cooked the vegetables for ~ 10 more minutes.

Then I added cut up prosciutto and covered the pan for about 5 minutes.

For serving, I poured some polenta in the bottom of the bowl and added the vegetables on the top. It was delish!

No comments: