Sunday, July 11, 2010

chicken with cherry tomatoes and olives

I had the remains of a tin of pitted green olives in the fridge last week, left over from making this which gave me the inspiration to make chicken with cherry tomatoes and olives for supper. I found a recipe here, actually it is the recipe pictured on the front of the book.

I didn't really follow the recipe, just used it as a guideline. Here's what I did -

8 bone in chicken thighs
1 cup pitted green olives, halved
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (I used sun gold)
olive oil
half a red onion, sliced
seasonings

I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and cooked it at medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side in olive oil. Once the chicken was browned on both sides I added the onion to the pan and covered it for another 5 minutes until the onion was soft. Then I tossed in the tomatoes and olives and covered again and heated for another 5 minutes. Then I served the chicken up with the sauce formed by the chicken juices, olive oil and tomatoes.


The side dish was creamed chard, as I had a bunch of chard that I bought at the market and the bunch of chard that was in my prize basket.

No comments: