Tuesday, May 28, 2013

more baked eggs

The other night, another late home, starving, need dinner fast night I made a switched up version of the baked eggs I recently wrote about. I didn't have asparagus and leeks in my fridge but I did have mushrooms and spinach so that is what I used.


Baked Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms (adapted from Edible Vancouver)
4 oz bacon, sliced thinly
10 mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 bags (~14 oz) spinach
salt and pepper
1/2 c vegetable stock
1/4 c cream
1 tsp dried thyme
6 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. In a large saute pan, cook the bacon and mushrooms until the mushrooms are beginning to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and let it start to wilt then add the stock and cream and stir to mix. Add in the thyme and then create 6 wells. Break the eggs into the wells and then put the pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs are set. I sprinkled some parmesan shavings over the top and served with some hot french bread.



No comments: