Tuesday, February 16, 2010

stuffed spuds with sausage

D and I have switched shifts for the duration of the Olympics (all to do with his work behind the scenes at a local TV station). So I've been getting T up in the mornings and doing the dropoff at daycare (as preschool is closed for the duration of the games). The downside is that I get home now at around 6:30 and since we try to get T into bed around 7:30 I don't have much time with him at the end of the day nor do I have time to get dinner ready as we sit down together practically the minute I get in the door. So I've been trying to get things organized in advance. Last night I baked some potatoes, cut them in half, scooped out the pulp

and mashed it with some sour cream and dijon mustard, cayenne.

In a separate pan, I sauted half a chopped onion, a handful of sliced mushrooms, and two cut up italian sausages.

I mixed in the sausage, onion mix into the potatoes


and filled the potato shells with it.

I put those into a casserole dish, grated some cheese over top

and tonight all D had to do was put the dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 350 deg F.

No comments: