Monday, October 18, 2010

a boy's funny bone

Our boy has discovered the joy of telling jokes. His joy, our groan. But he's so cute when he thinks he's funny. So I've been trying to remember the jokes of my childhood to pass on to him so I don't get his one knock knock joke more than 100 times a week.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana to you.

So I told him one I remembered from my kid brother's joke book.
Q: What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
A: Time to get a new fence.

T came up with variations on this one - what time is it when a giraffe sits on your roof?, etc.

And I found this one:
Q: What do call a fairy who doesn't take a bath?
A: Stinkerbell.

And last week T came home with this one -
Q: What is the best day to eat french fries?
A: Friday.

Of course, T is his funniest when he doesn't mean to be. He has D and I in stitches lately with his new word - "ridikilus". And I love his pronunciations of ambulance - "ambilamce" and excavator - "exkigator".

No comments: