Thursday, April 23, 2009

mummy guilt

Got a call from T's preschool just after lunch to say that he'd thrown up this morning but was acting his usual self. Did I want to come and get him? After about a half hour I could no longer take the overwhelming guilt and left work to pick up my little guy.

Of course, he was running around the playground, pink cheeks, happy, busy and no sign of any bug anywhere. But one of his classmates was off sick and that's why they called me. It wasn't such a bad thing to be standing in the playground, in the sunshine, watching a group of busy, 3 and 4 year olds running around, sliding down slides, etc. After a while we came home and my little lad played with trucks and puzzles and didn't feel ill until bedtime. But after some medicine and cuddles and something to eat, he took his truck to bed for his animals to see and fell asleep on the floor. I don't know why but periodically he likes to sleep on the floor. Definitely something he doesn't get from me - I love my bed. Can't imagine choosing to sleep on a floor!

D was home late tonight so late supper of mixed rice with vegetables and chicken in peanut sauce. Yum! I think that was the first thing I ever made for D.

The recipe for the peanut sauce is adapted from the Rebar Cookbook:
1/4 c peanut butter
2 minced cloves garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp sweet thai chili sauce
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tbsps red wine vinegar
2 tbsps brown sugar
2 tbsps lime juice
a splash of veggie stock to thin out

No comments: